All available Free MAX SLI versions are listed below (They are very similar and I don't want to publish them as separate indicators):
1.0: style columns implementation
2.0: style histogram implementation
3.0: style line implementation
This indicator calculates for a given range and shows it as a histogram consisting of 50 horizontal bars.
It can also show Point of Control ( ), Developing , Value Area/VWAP StdDev High/Low as dynamically moving levels.
Free accounts can't access Standard TradingView , hence this indicator.
There are several versions: Free Pro, Free MAX SLI, Free History. This is the Free MAX SLI version. The Differences are listed below:
- Free Pro: 25 levels, +Developing , Value Area/VWAP High/Low Levels, Above/Below Area Dimming
- Free MAX SLI: 50 levels, packed to the limit, 2x SLI modes for Buy/Sell or even higher res 150 levels
- Free History: auto highest/lowest, historic poc/va levels for each session
- High-Res with up to 50 levels (3 implementations)
- 20-30x faster than the old Pro versions especially on lower tfs with long history
- 2x SLI modes for even higher res: 150 levels with 3x vertical SLI, 50 buy/sell levels with 2x horiz SLI
- Calculate on full history
- , Developing Levels
- Buy/Sell/Total modes
- Side Cover
- Value Area, VAH/VAL dynamic levels
- High/Low dynamic levels with Source, Length, StdDev as params
- Show/Hide all levels
- Dim Non Value Area Zones
- Custom Range with Highlighting
- 3 Anchor points for
- Flip Levels Horizontally
- Adjustable width, offset and spacing of levels
- Custom Color for POC/VA/VWAP levels and Transparency for buy/sell levels
- specify max_level/min_level/spacing (required)
- select range (start_bar, range length), confirm with range highlighting
- select type: Buy/Sell/Total
- select mode Value Area/VWAP to show corresponding levels
- flip/select anchor point to position the buy/sell levels
- use Horiz SLI mode for 50 Buy/Sell or Vertical SLI for 150 levels if needed
- use POC/Developing POC/VA/VWAP High/Low as S/R levels. Usually daily values from 1-3 days back are used as levels for the current day.
- use SLI modes to extend the functionality of the indicator:
- Horiz Buy/Sell 2x SLI lets you view 50 Buy/Sell Levels at the same time
- Vertical Max_Vol 3x SLI lets you increase the resolution to 150 levels
- you need at least 2 instances of the indicator attached to the same chart for SLI to work
1) Enable Horiz SLI:
- attach 2 indicator instances to the chart
- make sure all instances have the same min_level/max_level/range/spacing settings
- select type for each instance: you can have a buy/sell or buy/total or sell/total SLI. Make sure your buy instance is the last attached to be displayed on top of sell/total instances without overlapping.
- set buy_sell_sli_mode to true for indicator instances with volume_type = buy/sell, for type total this is optional.
- this basically tells the script to calculate % lengths based on total instead of individual buy/sell volumes and use ext offset for sell levels
- Sell Offset is calculated relative to Buy Offset to stack/extend sell after buy. Buy Offset = Zero - Buy Length. Sell Offset = Buy Offset - Sell Length = Zero - Buy Length - Sell Length
- there are no master/slave instances in this mode, all indicators are equal, poc/va levels are not affected and can work independently, i.e. one instance can show levels, another - .
2) Enable Vertical SLI:
- attach the first instance and evaluate the full range to roughly determine where is the highest max_vol/poc level i.e. 0..20000, is in the bottom half (third, middle etc) or
- add more instances and split the full vertical range between them, i.e. set min_level/max_level of each corresponding instance to 0..10000, 10000..20000 etc
- make sure all instances have the same range/spacing settings
- an instance with a subrange containing the level of the full range is now your master instance (bottom half). All other instances are slaves, their levels will be calculated based on the max_vol/poc of the master instance instead of local values
- set show_max_vol_sli to true for the master instance. for slave instances this is optional and can be used to check if master/slave max_vol values match and slave can read the master's value. This simply plots the max_vol value
- you can also attach all instances and set show_max_vol_sli to true in all of them - the instance with the largest max_vol should become the master
Auto/Manual Ext Max_Vol Modes:
- for auto vertical max_vol SLI mode set max_vol_sli_src in all slave instances to the max_vol of the master indicator: "VolumeProfileFree_MAX_RRB: Max for Vertical SLI Mode". It can be tricky with 2+ instances
- in case auto SLI mode doesn't work - assign max_vol_sli_ext in all slave instances the max_vol value of the master indicator manually and repeat on each change
- manual override max_vol_sli_ext has higher priority than auto max_vol_sli_src when both values are assigned, when they are 0 and close respectively - SLI is disabled
- master/slave max_vol values must match on each bar at all times to maintain proper level scale, otherwise slave's levels will look larger than they should relative to the master's levels.
- Max_vol (red) is the last param in the long list of indicator outputs
- the only true max_vol/poc in this SLI mode is the master's max_vol/poc. All poc/va levels in slaves will be irrelevant and are disabled automatically. Slaves can only show levels.
- Levels of the master instance in this SLI mode are calculated based on the subrange, not the whole range. Cross check with the full range.
- auto mode max_vol_sli_src is experimental and may not work as expected
- you can only assign auto mode max_vol_sli_src = max_vol once due to some bug with unhandled exception/buffer overflow in Tradingview. Seems that you can clear the value only by removing the indicator instance
- sometimes you may see a "study in error state" error when attempting to set it back to close. Remove indicator/Reload chart and start from scratch
- may not finish to redraw and freeze in an ugly shape after an UI parameter change when max_vol_sli_src is assigned a max_vol value. Assign it to close - VP should redraw properly, but it may not clear the assigned max_vol value
- you can't seem to be able to assign a proper auto max_vol value to the 3rd slave instance
- 2x Vertical SLI works and tested in both auto/manual, 3x SLI - only manual seems to work
- This code is 20x-30x faster (main for cycle is removed) especially on lower tfs with long history - only 2-3 sec load/redraw time vs 30-60 sec of the old Pro versions
- Instead of repeatedly calculating the total sum of volumes for the whole range on each bar, vol sums are now increased on each bar and passed to the next in the range making it a per range vs per bar calculation that reduces time dramatically
- hist_base for levels still results is ugly redraw
- if you don't see a check range settings: min_level/max_level and spacing, set spacing to 0 (or adjust accordingly based on the symbol's precision, i.e. 0.00001)
- you can view either of Buy/Sell/Total volumes, but you can't display Buy/Sell levels at the same time using a single instance (this would 2x reduce the number of levels). Use 2 indicator instances in horiz buy/sell sli mode for that.
- Profile/Value Area are calculated for a given range and updated on each bar. Each level has a fixed length. Offsets control visible level parts. Side Cover hides the invisible parts.
- Custom Color for POC/VA/VWAP levels - UI Style color/transparency can only change shape's color and doesn't affect textcolor, hence this additional option
- Custom Width - UI Style supports only width <= 4, hence this additional option
- is visible in both modes. In mode Developing becomes , High and Low => High and Low correspondingly to minimize the number of plot outputs
- You can't change buy/sell level colors from input (only plot transparency) - this requires 2x plot outputs => 2x reduces the number of levels to fit the max 64 limit. That's why 2 additional plots are used to dim the non Value Area zones
- All buy/sell lengths are calculated as % of a fixed base width = 100 bars (100%). You can't set show_last from input to change it
- There's no such thing as buy/sell , there's just , but for the purposes of the method, assume: bull candle = buy , bear candle = sell
P.S. Gravitonium Levels Are Increasing. Unobtainium is nowhere to be found!
Links on and Value Area calculation and usage: