This is similar to regular WaveTrend Oscillator except:
- replaces hlc3 input with a weighted log formula for better stability/performance on high volatility charts
- zero-centered scaling
- SMA crossovers above and below OB/OS thresholds are marked as buy/sell signals
Calculation begins at the beginning of the bar, eliminating incorrect moving average weighting at the very beginning of the ticker you're watching. This is important for new stocks, futures, altcoins, etc.
The inputs for the fast/slow alphas are now normal integers, with the calculation (2 / (y + 1)) for alpha added after input.
Comes with two moving averages...
This indicator is in principle similar to Stochastic Oscillator, but contains the following improvements:
- advanced Ehlers-based smoothing (typically results in earlier signals than regular EMA smoothing)
- graceful degradation when few candles present for improved accuracy in the beginning of the chart
- buy/sell signals based on K-D crossover above/below thresholds
This is a straightforward modification of LazyBear's CCI-coded OBV indicator with the following changes:
1) uses log-hl2 as source, which seems to be a more stable indicator of price change than close
2) adds optional price smoothing
Similar to basic EMA Ribbon indicator except uses log-space transformation. Should be better on very long timeframes and for determining beginning of a bull market. The tradeoff is that it is slower than regular EMA near peaks (regular EMA will outperform this indicator when determining when to sell).